General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aah - my baby's going to have her 'op'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Nov 2004 19:10

My little kitten Jazz is going to the vets on 1st Dec for her op!! She's 5 months old now and her Mam was not much older when she got 'caught'so taking no chances with an un-neutered male living nearby. Getting paranoid now - keep checking her tummy and teats for any signs - she seems quite put out when I do LOL...........

Daniel

Daniel Report 18 Nov 2004 19:14

I hope everything goes well. Sadly when my cat went for that op she caught a fatal liver infection. Apparently student vets were training at the time. However her kitten daughter had the same op at the same time and she came out fit and healthy.

helenbell

helenbell Report 18 Nov 2004 19:15

your baby will be fine its not long to go now, i had my cats done and they are so loveable im sure it makes them more homely

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Nov 2004 19:20

Well my vet is very good, so I know she'll be in safe hands. I worry more about them being away from home when they go in - I always take them in the night before as I can't bear putting them through the starvation from 7pm. Now I shall fret about how distressed she'll be - being on her own caged in a strange place :((

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Nov 2004 19:38

Nads - that happened to my friend in the States - also a rescue cat. Heard a sad tale at the pet store this eve - a couple whose 10yr old cat is very poorly with a stomach infection and the feline version of MALARIA!! He's going for surgery tomorrow and they have until sometime this evening to feed him up as much as possible using a syringe - poor thing! I really felt for them cos he may not pull thru otherwise :((

JG70

JG70 Report 19 Nov 2004 23:01

She'll be fine. You can spoil her afterwards. Jacquie

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Nov 2004 23:24

I am sure she'll be fine. Dooley sends his love. Bless him he doesn't know he has an appointment with the two half bricks in February. xx Jim

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 19 Nov 2004 23:41

LOL Jim - Poor Louie will be suffering the same fate come the new year too - shussh, lets not tell them yet huh?? ;p