General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mr Postman...is there a certificate in your bag fo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Saz

Saz Report 19 Nov 2004 10:36

I'm going crazy waiting for my certificates - I'm dead lucky normally take 3-5 days but now been waiting 15 days. By the way I've checked my order and I'm happy that all my details are okay and my payments gone through okay so must be okay. I know that the GRO have a message about "temporary" delays but I think they must be really bogged down at the mo! Poor old postie thinks I'm mad - I smiled at him two days ago and we haven't had any post since! I keep going round to the front door to check if he's been - daren't open the door to look down the road guarantee he'll cross over if he sees me staring at him again - heehee. Saz

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 19 Nov 2004 11:05

Saz, I really feel for you. I get very impatient waiting for certificates. Hopefully that big brown envelope will be clutched in the postmans hand today. Jean x.

Saz

Saz Report 19 Nov 2004 11:15

Thanks Jean for your positive words but............I'm afraid it's another disappointment - he's just been and it was all junk! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Saz

Philip

Philip Report 19 Nov 2004 11:41

Ordered mine on the 6th Nov. Still waiting....... Must be having problems sending them out. They don't seem to have a problem taking the money straight away though. Maybe they should swap computer systems between the two? Phil

Saz

Saz Report 19 Nov 2004 11:53

I agree Philip - I've been waiting since 4th Nov and am gnashing my teeth - can't get any further on the two branches that my certificates may relate to. If they are right hope to be able to get on with so much more stuff. Oh well at least I don't have to worry about the post on Sundays! Saz

Sue

Sue Report 19 Nov 2004 13:04

Just checked and I only ordered mine on the 14th. Thought it was ages before that :o(. I'd been looking for mother-in-law's parents marriage for ages and ages and finally found it. Estimated despatch date was 23rd so I've got ages to wait yet. Maybe then I can see who Thomas Evans' father was and maybe even find his birth :o) Oh well.........patience is a virtue they tell me! Sue

Christine

Christine Report 19 Nov 2004 21:22

Ordered mine on the 5th - still no sign - haven't waited so long before - nails bitten to the quick !!!!!

Saz

Saz Report 19 Nov 2004 22:16

Thanks Zoe for finding that out - so mine should be here any day. (They'll probably turn out to be wrong uns.) Thanks Paul for the offer - do you get many crazy eyed women staring out at you from behind the nets in your neck of the woods? Bet you didn't realise they were just waiting for their certs!! Saz

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 19 Nov 2004 22:22

Got mine at last, dispatch date 11 Nov Money taken 8 nov date on cert 13 nov finally rec'd 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shelli p.s. and it's the right one !!!!!!! can't recall what day i actually ordered it

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Nov 2004 09:53

I ordered some last weekend and it gave the expected delivery/despatch as 24th - so I am waiting hopefully (in vain it would seem tho lol) Have to feel sorry for the poor souls working at GRO - bet they were hoping for a nice quiet run upto christmas with all us genealogists doing our xmas shopping - no doubt they are cursing BBC2 for adding to their workload ;P

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2004 10:46

Saz I hope when they arrive they help you - I remember being so narked when I got a marriage cert to find that both fathers had very common names - yup, John and William - and were ag labs, that the bride had no job and that both bride and groom were of full age. Not much use in helping me track down their elusive births! nell