General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Everyone gone then?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 20 Nov 2004 00:58

Sorry all gone to sleep?

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 20 Nov 2004 01:00

I'm still wide awake. Too early for bed yet. Gem:)))

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:01

Still too early for me, usually here 'til about 3ish Anyway can't go to bed now, Robbie's on channel 4! Christine

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 20 Nov 2004 01:08

So what's the gossip where you both are?

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 20 Nov 2004 01:10

Hey. Christine being from Edinburgh do you know Rose St. the one I think with a[l the pubs!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:11

Well........neighbours house went on fire, hubby had to kick the door in as her poor dog was home alone and panicing, turned out she'd gone out and left a pot on. Not too much damage thankfully....other than that, a quiet night! Christine

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:12

Yep that's right Rose st is THE best place for a pub crawl, don't think anyone has ever made it from one end to the next. Well maybe they have but have been so blootered they just don't remember.LOL

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 20 Nov 2004 01:18

Christine Rose St sounds a lot like Westgate Run here. Your supposed to go up one side of the street and go down the other. I've tried, on many occasions and can't do it. I'm completely blotto after the first 5!!!! LOL! Gem:)))

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:20

Ah but the fun is in the trying Gemma, just need more practice. That's my excuse anyway! Christine

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 20 Nov 2004 01:24

I do practise! Every weekend!!! lol! Gem:)

John

John Report 20 Nov 2004 01:26

I am bright-eyed - it's not 2.30 on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:30

Have you had the Santa parade yet John?

John

John Report 20 Nov 2004 01:41

It was cancelled at 7 Sunday morning because of the weather - showers forecasted and guess what we had a nice morning with it turning late afternoon. In previous years parades could be rescheduled but not now days as there is so much on and then are other suburbs having their parades including the big city parade that attracts crowds. We seldom saw the parade as it was on during church but we certainly heard the navy and jazz bands strike up a beat. John

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:52

Sorry John, got caught up watching Robbie Williams on t.v. there. Yeah it's a shame after all the planning if the weather don't hold out. Last year's Hogmany celebrations here in Edinburgh were ruined because of it. Total washout and people had come from all over the world for it. Here's hoping this year is better. Christine

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 20 Nov 2004 01:53

Christine have I lost the plot

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 20 Nov 2004 01:56

Don't worry Autumn, I lost it years ago. Christine

John

John Report 20 Nov 2004 01:57

I think we all loose the plot after awhile just look at the spelling and story threads - wacky!