General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Nov 2004 14:13

Aah - my second eldest Coco and Little Louie are curled up together in the 'Spoons' position on their bean bag :)) It's only taken her 6 weeks to let him near her without hissing or swiping - but then maybe she can sense that he is not well. Bless.............

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 20 Nov 2004 14:19

Daughter is trying to learn to crochet Anne, she is on the settee surrounded by balls of wool, and somewhere in the middle of them, is my black&white boy all curled up, snug as a bug..they look a picture! :)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Nov 2004 14:21

Know what you mean Christine - Jazz is upstairs on the bed with Max, the eldest - she has scrambled the fleece blanket into a pile in the middle of the bed and she is curled up in it.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 20 Nov 2004 14:23

The old stair carpet he never touched, but since having this new one, he keeps scratching at it, not sure how to stop this. He does have a scratching-post, but now prefers the carpet!..

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 20 Nov 2004 14:28

Lucy was extremely cross this morning because Immin had not done her tray in time.There was a great banging of the cat flap,which demonstrates her rage at the dreadful housekeeping skills.We have been so preoccupied with G'mas demise this week that she has not had he customary petting and cuddles.When we get back from hospital visits by Golly we are yelled at in Loud protest Maine Coon mode. You need ear defenders.She is still catterwalling around the house.It will take her some time to forgive us. Rose

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Nov 2004 14:28

Christine - it must be something in the carpets. Max & Coco had never clawed the carpet at all - until 4 years ago, had a new carpet laid just after moving in and they just will not leave it alone :(( Coco had taken the bottom stair back to the hessian within months - now the stairs run the gauntlet of the kittens lol

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Nov 2004 14:31

Rosemary - they know how to make you feel guilty dont they?? If I have been out all evening, they stir from their sleeping when I get in - they feed and then all hell breaks loose as they proceed to tear like hooligans around the house :O Neighbours must wonder whats going on cos they dont half make a racket lol

Joan

Joan Report 20 Nov 2004 14:35

Rosemary_I've got two Maine Coons as well! Angus (blue tabby&white) andRoxy (red and white) They are a lovely breed of cat , always playing in the water bowl or in the bath! Joan

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 20 Nov 2004 14:37

LOL - Joan, my Louie thinks the water bowl is a paddling pool. Couldn't figure out at first why he was wet - then I caught him dipping his paws in and flicking it all round the kitchen lol.