General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Publicans - Yippee!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2004 17:12

see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2004 17:14

Following on from my thread regarding pubs and genealogy, I was talking to my mum about an uncle of my dad's who ran a pub - I knew Gt Uncle Harry had run a pub in Hertford, but mum told me that my father's elder brothers had been in a bad motorcycle accident when they were visiting an uncle who ran a pub in Cambridge, she thought. I wondered if Harry had changed pubs, found that I'd made a note about a pub called the Crown in Northwold, Norfolk (no idea where this info came from) - I googled and blow me down - there is a list of the licencees, with another Great uncle, Walter Randal [spelt with one L] and his wife listed in the 1930s, so now I can find out exactly when this accident happened. Mum thought the pub was in Cambridgeshire as they'd been taken to Addenbrooke's hospital afterwards - clearly that's where the accident happened. So excited!! nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2004 17:17

Wow Nell, that's great! You give others so much help you deserve some good news yourself! And now you've updated your message, I've moved my reply cos it looked like I was being sarky about an empty box lolol! Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Nov 2004 17:41

Sarcasm is wasted on me, Mandy! I've found a site that gives pubs on 1881 census here http://www*1881pubs*com/ replace * with . nell