General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help with ideas please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 20 Nov 2004 19:48

My son has to dress up as an evacuee for a history day at school on tuesday. I am really struggling with what to do. The school has sent home a picture of some ideas but I don't have anything that remotely looks like it. Help... Diane

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Nov 2004 19:50

Hi, Cut off a pair of trousers to make long old fashioned shorts. White shirt and braces with a luggage tag tied around a button. Or an Oxfam plain grey jumper with an "obvious" darn. Gwynne

Susan

Susan Report 20 Nov 2004 19:54

dianne my son is also dressing up this week. if you get the grey school shorts or cut the trousers down then a grey shirt and a grey wooly blazer, if you cant find one go to charity shops and get a v nect tank top. he needs grey school socks shoved down so they look like they havent got elastic in them. then make a small brown cardboard box with string for the gas mask and put it around his neck. good luck

Lucky

Lucky Report 20 Nov 2004 19:55

Thanks, think I'll have to have a wander round the local charity shop on monday. School hasn't made it easy for me this time, can cope with egyptians, vikings etc., this is harder. Diane