General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Moulin Rouge on tonight. Shoud I watch?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 20 Nov 2004 19:58

Is it any good or just a load of singing and dancing loud over the top theatrical carry on?

Felicity

Felicity Report 20 Nov 2004 19:59

yes and yes.

Nicola

Nicola Report 20 Nov 2004 20:00

I found it to be quite good - bit of a chic flick with the love romance!! But worth a look at!! lol

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 20 Nov 2004 20:11

YES!! Need you ask, Daniel? I thought you were smarter than that! ;-) It is a wicked film. Well worth the watch. But bare with Baz Luhrmann's directing..... it's not everyone's cup of tea, even though I love it!

Daniel

Daniel Report 20 Nov 2004 20:14

Ok I'll give it a go. Was it the same director of Romeo and Juliet?

Daniel

Daniel Report 20 Nov 2004 20:56

CLEAR! Beep beep beep. It's ok, it's still with us.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Nov 2004 20:58

My son just asked me the same question as his girlfriend wants to watch. I said it was fun listening to all the songs and quite sexy too!

Daniel

Daniel Report 21 Nov 2004 09:41

Well it did actually turn out to be quite bad. Quite dissapointed after all the hype it had when it first went on show in cinemas.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 21 Nov 2004 10:00

Daniel - I gave it a shot for about 10 minutes - got bored :((

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Nov 2004 10:01

Well I saw it just after it came out and thought it was quite good. So there.

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 21 Nov 2004 13:45

I thought it was good, but got bored after an hour. Lucia