General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Screams from Lounge this morning !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 21 Nov 2004 13:14

Number 2 son Howard was checking his Lottery ticket, then a groan, he had 5 numbers, he has won £1,300 odd...why is 5 numbers so low !! Why not make it a round £10k..oh well he is a happy chappy today..me never even won a tenner...Joanie x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Nov 2004 13:17

£1,300 not to be sneezed at is it. But I agree that it should be more for five, it is out of all proportion. Ann Glos

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 21 Nov 2004 13:32

Great news. My hubby's brother's share out of £2.2m was about £300k. Set him up for life. Good luck to him. Can't win a tenner these days. Probably win more sticking it on the dog race at Wimbledon!

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 21 Nov 2004 13:37

Licky him,I'd love to win ANYTHING. mY DREAM AT THE MOMENT IS TO WIN A LOT so that I can make my mothers last few days comfortable with private nursing at home.I cannot fault her nursing Care on NHS,but they won't leave her alone.It drips,blood trans.Oxygem masks ,intravenious feeding etc.WHEN WILL SHE BE ALLOWED TO DIE. sORRY i'M A BIT HET UP. rOSE

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 21 Nov 2004 14:02

I do my lottery on line and had an email this morning from them saying they had some "exciting" news for me and would I log into my account. After several tries at remembering my password I got there and found I had won....................a tenner!!!! Still, better than nothing I suppose. It was quite exciting for a while!!!!!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 21 Nov 2004 15:37

I never got a number! :(

Joanie

Joanie Report 21 Nov 2004 22:16

Oh Rose, i am so sorry to hear about your Mum, i just wish good luck and help was shared out evenly, My mother was 7 yrs after a stroke, the best thing you can give her is your support and your LOVE, just knowing that you care so much is priceless, she is so lucky having you as a daughter and someone there to hold her hand, kiss her cheek...You are both in my prayers and if i am lucky enough i would make ur dream come true.....best wishes Joanie xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 21 Nov 2004 23:01

Joan - what's his address please? I want to send him a begging letter :P lol