General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ive got a cold

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shazza

Shazza Report 21 Nov 2004 17:32

Here we go again i have my first Winter cold its not pleasant and i feel really ill. Has anyone got any remedies to get rid of it? Sharon

Ann

Ann Report 21 Nov 2004 17:34

Honey & lemon and lots of rest!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Nov 2004 17:34

Lots of fluids, paracemol and sleep. Oh and a lovely husband to look after you P.xxx

Shazza

Shazza Report 21 Nov 2004 17:37

Ahh thanks honey!!! ill keep you to it. Sharon

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Nov 2004 17:38

No cure for a cold Sharon, but have plenty of hot drinks...orange...lemon...blackurrant. Take paracetamal every 4 hours but remember dont take the paracetamal with other cold & flu tablets as these mainly also contain the drug. Breathe in steam from boiling water (couple of inches in your kitchen sink & a towell over your head) Elaine x

Joy

Joy Report 21 Nov 2004 17:39

Hope that you feel better soon, and that Paul helps you get better soon. :) Joy

Carole

Carole Report 21 Nov 2004 17:44

Hi Sharon, My commiserations - I woke up with a cold yesterday too. My friend ( a Ward Sister) recommends heating lemonade in the microwave for about half a minute and then adding whisky. Apparently it helps "sweat" the cold out. Haven't tried it yet, but may get some lemonade tomorrow and give it a go. For obvious reasons I would guess this is a night time remedy. Off to blow my nose...... Carole x

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 21 Nov 2004 20:19

Sharon, apparently the experts say one of the best ways of coping with a cold is, if you have a lovely, gorgeous, loving husband, to get him to take you to a hot country for a fortnight. (Well, it's worth a try, isn't it?) I've found one way of getting a bit of relief is inhaling the steam from a hot drink - dries the nose up for a while! :-) Try it - and I wish you better, Glenys x

Carole

Carole Report 23 Nov 2004 14:31

Sharon, How are you feeling? I'm feeling a lot better today - that hot lemonade must have done the trick!!! Carole