General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

teachers threaten to strike...................

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 18:32

if unruly kids are let back in the classroom and school if they threaten children or teachers.how i fully support these teachers for doing this if it happens due to the education authority being forced to take these kids back in.why should a teacher and a child go to school to teach and learn and be terrorised by thugs that have got no thought or morals to behave and act like well behaved people.i say if the crunch came to the crunch unruly kids should be taught at home by the parents.from an experience that happened to my daughter which was physical assault and bullying in the school i feel that these kids have no place in schools to be taughtxxxx(:

John

John Report 21 Nov 2004 18:33

That's certainly one for the Moral Maze.

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 18:41

this is really close to my heart john as my daughter was stabbed with a pencil in her leg by a pupil when a teacher was present.the teachers chose to ignore it and i had to keep her off school.i was threatened with court action by the education authority so i took it further and went to my m.p who kindly helped and got the matter sorted .i know from nother occasion with my niece who was set upon day after day by a gang of kids and was physically assualted and was thrown down the stairs and nearly had her nose broken.i feel that the teachers just do not know how to deal with these problems and their hands are tied so they sweep it under the carpet.xxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:13

bendy i am very moved by that.after a member of my family being physically attacked and also my daughter i felt that something should be done.if there were more parents that actually take the attitude that you take then you would never get the problems you get in schools at the moment.thankyou.xxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:19

cherry when my niece was bullied she actually turned to drugs and drink due to what happened.the teachers actually told my sister that it was my nieces fault even though there were fifty kids involved and when my daughter was stabbed i was told by the deputy head as the headmaster wouldn't see me that it would not have been a police matter.so i went down to my local police station and asked them if it would have been .they said yes and the boy would have been charged with assaultxxxxx(:

John

John Report 21 Nov 2004 19:22

How do your daughter and niece feel about school now Ms Lovely?

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:25

bendy i would do the same if my daughter would have done that.it is my responsibility for the actions of my daughters behaviour if she did bully other pupils and from first hand i can see what it can do to the victims of bullying.not only are they scarred mentally and physically but in some cases they cannot take the pain anymore and take their own lives.love and hugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:35

cherry all i can say is the school will try to cover it up and deny that it has happened.the education authority are even worse as i was politly informed that i was breaking the law when i kept my daughter off school due to the schools incompitance in not seeing me or acknowledging that i had even been up the school.so the next best thing make an appointment with your M.P and get them to deal with the education authority and the school.hope it gets sorted soon.if you want to chat about it or need anymore advice don't hesitate to email me.love and hugsxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Nov 2004 19:43

When I went to school it was a place where you either buckled down to it or were punished---physically by the Teachers. Unfortunately maintaining discipline is now only to be done verbally, if the pupils don't mind. Talk about the Lunatics running the Asylum.......

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:44

bendy i was told by portsmouth education authority that even if i did that that they would have to come in to ensure that the private tutor was qualified.what really got up my nose was they were trying to defend the school and my actions was that my child was being bullied and didn't want to go to school for that reason.xxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:48

grampa when we were at school if we talked in class we used to have a chalk rubber chucked at them.a friend of mine told me that if a child disrupts the class in that school the teacher is not allowed to send them out as it is classed as picking on that child.but it's alright to disrupt all the other kids that want to learn.also if a child is naughty the whole class has to stay behind for detention.why?if the others are behaving why are they all being punished.it's madness!!!!xxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Nov 2004 19:51

i know thought that.they were trying to put the wind up me.for anyone that knows me they know if i am in the right and am being unfairly lied to i will persue it until something is done and i did and it worked.for all the parents out there who's children are being bullied.never give up and if you have to do what i did take it to the top for your childrens sakes.love and hugsxxxx(:see you all tomorrowx

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Nov 2004 20:28

Linda, Problem is that so many schools only pay lip service to the Zero Tolerance policy.

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 21 Nov 2004 20:32

Have only just read this thread. Bendy, it took guts to do what you did, and I have to hand it to you. Well done. Glenys x