General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What would you take to .........?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Seasons

Seasons Report 22 Nov 2004 09:14

What would you take to give to people who went to Australia as children? Am hoping to visit next year and have at least 6 families to buy for so size will need to be considered too. Know I can't take anything wooden or silver/gold plated as heat would lift it. So help - any ideas?

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 22 Nov 2004 09:20

That is a puzzler.We need to know a bit about them and their interests.In general something nostalic for England.a good set of pictures which would travel flat and yu could get mounted over there.Bluebell woods,Autumn colours,sites of special interestBritish Wild flowers,british birds etc. Hope these help Rose

Seasons

Seasons Report 22 Nov 2004 09:46

That's the problem I don't know their interests. I usually send calendars for Christmas which until I got one back didn't realise how stupid an idea that was (except for the photos) as their holidays are different and rather confused us at times so probably had the same effect there. They all have families - children and a couple with grandchildren. I was thinking of something like a keepsake but can't think what and it would have to be the sameish for all of them 4 females and 2 males age 43-53.

Curly

Curly Report 22 Nov 2004 12:22

What about a photo albulm of photos of where they grew up? their home, school, street, local shops, monuments etc.. Could be something for all of them to share and might bring back memories?

Seasons

Seasons Report 22 Nov 2004 13:26

Sorry - Monday morning itis I didn't say that I've already sent them photo's of their old homes, schools, area of where they lived and local history book with photos of area. I've also sent coasters etc with their names and meanings too which is why I'm so stuck for what to take.

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 22 Nov 2004 20:47

I used to work for a map company that made site centred O/s maps (centred on a town, village or postcode) they come laminated, framed, or in jig-saw (wooden or cardboard) which are very popular at christmas time, e-mail me if you want the web address.