General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ID Fraud!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Nov 2004 08:22

One of my relatives has been the subject of Id fraud, "they" have got hold of name, address, age, dob, Job, and apparently bought a load of mobile phones..........and He has got the bill...... Although I know, not all this info came from this site,I have deleted my tree........Stable door and horse comes to mind, BUT............Think about what you have on here, Bob

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 23 Nov 2004 09:17

someting similar happened to me someon e used my identity to buy lots of underwear................. and i got the bill even though the clothes were sent to another address....................... contacted the police etc and it was soon sorted out but scary at the time.............

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 23 Nov 2004 09:20

Bob Unless you have put all his details, full name & address, job, I think its unlikely that they have got all the details from your tree. Normally a company will send a bill or ask for payment upfront for what seems an exessive amount of mobile phones! Also many companies ask for credit card details, if someone has these, Its possible that the info was got off discarded paperwork. Also id they had his address, why wasnt the phones sent there? Please get him to seek help at his citizens advice beaux. Is his credit card insured? Elaine x

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Nov 2004 09:35

Elaine ,Yes I tend to agree, I didnt think that what info I had was enough, but I have been asked to remove any references, so........

Joy

Joy Report 23 Nov 2004 09:36

I remember a similar thread ... someone had good reason then to believe it came from someone on this site. Joy

helenbell

helenbell Report 23 Nov 2004 09:52

I really wish these sad people who sit and gain info from scanning through all thses sites would get a life IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE ARE SAD ENOUGH TO HARM THE GOOD PEOPLE ON THIS SITE I REALLY HOPE YOU HAVE WASTED YOUR £7.50 SUBSCRIPTION All this makes me sooooooooo cross, its like the sad people who send viruses, Love Helen xx

Derek

Derek Report 24 Nov 2004 01:23

one problem is u can gain anybodys birth,marriage certificate most credit card and banks ask for mothers maiden name as security check

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Nov 2004 07:35

I cant believe that a company would despatch goods to one address and an invoice to another,without previously having the payment in hand........it appears the info required, would not have come from THIS site, anyway........