General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

another ebay spoof mail warning

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Nov 2004 10:23

see below for what the email said

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Nov 2004 10:23

***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice*** eBay Fraud Mediation Request You have received this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. THE FRAUD ALERT ID CODE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE WILL BE ATTACHED IN OUR FRAUD MEDIATION REQUEST FORM, IN ORDER TO VERIFY YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATIONS. Fraud Alert ID CODE: 00937614 (Please save this Fraud Alert ID Code for your reference.) To help speed up this process, please access the following form to complete the verification of your eBay account registration informations: http://scgi.ebay(.)com/verify_id=ebay &fraud alert id code=00936614 . Please Note: If we do not receive the appropriate eBay account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this eBay account is fraudulent and will be suspended. The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community. We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade. Thank you for your patience in this matter. Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department) eBay Inc.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 24 Nov 2004 10:24

zoe i had this mail a few days ago deleted it immediately susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Nov 2004 10:28

grrrrrr - very frustrating! but I delete them

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Nov 2004 11:18

Sharon had this one too, a few days ago. Thankfully I was there so she checked with me before she did anything. Annoying isn't it ?

Deborah

Deborah Report 24 Nov 2004 12:01

Hi Zoe, Make sure you report it to eBay! Hit the Help tab at the top, then Security Centre from Related Links on the left. Debbie

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 24 Nov 2004 18:53

I have been getting this message every week for the last month. I was really worried since I had bought some items for my dolls houses I'm building. I've replied twice and told them that I'm not .com on Ebay and to contact Ebay UK. Was I wrong to do that. I've got two more messages from them which I haven't opened. Should I just delete and ignore.