General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP, St Olave district?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 25 Nov 2004 11:52

I have a birth registered in St. Olave. I can't find it on any maps. Does anybody know where it is? Many thanks

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Nov 2004 11:55

Think you will find , it is alongside bermondsey,

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Nov 2004 11:57

St. Olave Bermondsey Created 1st January 1902 (renaming of St. Olave Southwark district). Abolished 1st July 1913 (renamed Bermondsey). Sub-districts : Bermondsey; St. John Horsleydown; St. Olave; Rotherhithe. GRO volumes : 1d (1902-13). Bermondsey, Rotherhithe, Southwark St. John Horsleydown, Southwark St. Olave, Southwark St. Thomas. Registers now in Southwark district. Return to top of page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- St. Olave Southwark Created 1st July 1837. Abolished 1st January 1902 (renamed St. Olave Bermondsey). In Surrey. Sub-districts : Bermondsey; Leather Market; St. James Bermondsey; St. John Horsleydown; St. Mary Magdalene; St. Olave Southwark; Rotherhithe. GRO volumes : IV (1837-51); 1d (1852-1901). Bermondsey (1870-1901), Rotherhithe (1870-1901), Southwark St. John Horsleydown, Southwark St. Olave, Southwark St. Thomas.

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Nov 2004 12:00

There's one in York too. Whenever I've come across it in the past though, it's always been the Bermondsey one.