General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just had a bit of a shock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Nov 2004 12:12

You might remember me asking you all to wish my friend Wendy well. She has been signed off work for quite a while now, due to personal problems. She has just been signed off for 4 more weeks, but she felt the need to come into work just to see us. Wendy has been like a big sister to me, and just seeing her walk through the door sent me into a flood of tears. She has lost two stone, her eyes are black and she is completely different. She was always so confident and loud, now she is like a frightened mouse. All i could do was cry and cuddle her....the stuff she has been put through makes me sick! x

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Nov 2004 12:16

i know, i love her to bits, she is such a great person, she is 32, and its got so bad she has had to move back to her mums! At least she is better off being there! x

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Nov 2004 12:22

Thanks Bendy! i hope so...im sure we will get the old Wendy back! Hopefully she will be coming back part time after Xmas.xxx

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 25 Nov 2004 12:35

Hi Steph, my heart goes out to you and your friend wendy. I don't know the details but I'm sure that you being such a good friend will help her :) Try visiting http://www.healthypages(.)net/forum/ There's heaps of info on health issues on there and you can alwya sign up on the forum and request absent healing and prayers for your friend. XXXX Sioux

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Nov 2004 12:36

Thank you V.Much, i will pass on the address! xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 25 Nov 2004 12:46

Oh dear Steph how awful - she must be having a tough time - sounds like she's not eating or sleeping much. Try and encourage her to do just little things to make her feel a bit special - a facial or a manicure or something. She might not feel like it at first, but it's little things like that can help a lot if you're down. Hope she gets better soon xxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Nov 2004 14:13

we just went to lunch, she seemed alot different in the pub. we had a nice chat, and she had something to eat! feeling alot happier now that i have been able to give her a cuddle! xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 26 Nov 2004 20:22

steph i wasnt on last night so missed this, i hope your friend stays at her mums, i dont know the storey but have a good idea. she needs a good friend whatever she does, take care of her. im know you are doing that anyway. hope she feels better soon

Peter

Peter Report 26 Nov 2004 20:33

remember geting better is 10% doctors 90% TLC and you give it by the bucket. Try getting her on here If this lot can't make her fell better nothing can.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 26 Nov 2004 20:42

Thank goodness she has a true friend like you. Debs.