General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Presentation

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 25 Nov 2004 14:40

Hello! At Christmas I am going to do a Family Tree Presentation for my grandmother as a Christmas present. I have photos and contacts that she's either lost contact with or never knew existed so it should be a really special day. However, I'm not sure how to display my information. I want it to be detailed but not too complicated and I'd like to be able to talk her through the links confidently, not getting confused. This is a really big deal for me as my grandmother and I haven't always got on and I really want to make her happy. Any suggestions greatly received becx

Karen

Karen Report 25 Nov 2004 14:50

Hiya Bec I've just done something very similar for my parents. I did mine as a powerpoint presentation, as you can put pics into it and also draw family trees. I then printed it off and put it in a nice presentation folder, otherwise if you have a laptop you could take along the laptop and do the powerpoint presentation straight off the screen. I think you can also add audio to the presentation aswell. Good luck Karen

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 25 Nov 2004 14:52

Bec thats a well nice idea...sorry i cant help...i actually havent found any rellies to talk about! xxx

Bec

Bec Report 25 Nov 2004 14:54

Great idea mate! I actually got a new flashy laptop on Sunday so I'll do it on Powerpoint, hadn't even thought about it! Merci beaucoup! becx