General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OH NO! I'VE JUST BURNT A HOLE IN THE CARPET.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 27 Nov 2004 18:24

OMG, Hubby is going to kill me when he gets in. I have let a cigarette burn in the ashtray and it has dropped onto the carpet and burnt a hole. I am normally SOoooo Careful. What am I going to do? Hubby has never smoked in his life. He is going to go absolutley up the wall. I could just sit and cry. I have moved the coffee table two inches so the leg is over it, he will probably not notice for months. But i know it is there. Please no shouting at me. I am worried enough. Jenny

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 27 Nov 2004 18:27

oh no jenny im glad im not the only one who's done that lol cant you go and get some paint to match the carpet? if you paint the hole he'll never notice lol susie

June

June Report 27 Nov 2004 18:32

Jenny, when my puppy scratched a hole, I got a pen the same colour to hide the backing then did as Maz said glued some pile on, 2 years later, its still not noticeable. Good luck, June xx

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 27 Nov 2004 18:39

Thanks all. I really do feel terrible. Will try what you suggest. The ash tray was two inches away from our brand new leather suite. If ever it had dropped on there i would have had to pack my bags and run. Only been in this house 8 weeks and the new carpet and suite is our pride and joy. Not had a new suite for over 20 years. Jenny.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 27 Nov 2004 19:01

Mommy, it might be an incentive to give up the weed,! although stable door and horse come to mind........

bridan

bridan Report 27 Nov 2004 23:46

Maz, What a clever idea, but I think you cannot hold your position as President with an answer like that LOL Bridget x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Nov 2004 00:09

could have been worse, could have been the house burnt down...... Elaine (anti smoking as always lol)

Peter

Peter Report 28 Nov 2004 00:52

you should start a new Thread "Houses hold tips" That was aBl**dy good one. I would of just X my fingers and hope She (love her) would not notice.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Nov 2004 00:58

not notice what exactly Peter lol She

Peter

Peter Report 28 Nov 2004 01:19

See it worked. you never saw the hole. OOPS!!!!! Not you XXX (<- Kisses) my misses. She worries so. But I love her loades

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 28 Nov 2004 21:37

Oh dear :(( I did the same to my fav fleece jumper the other night - trying to type a reply to Postie Paul, and catapulted the ciggie out of the ashtray, down my front, onto the chair and then the floor :P Not nearly as bad as the time I was reading on here, not looking what I was doing and nearly 'stubbed out' on mum's one and only photo of her granddad :O

Peter

Peter Report 28 Nov 2004 21:44

I hate the double wamme. Cig sticks to your lips fingers slid to end knocks end off in to lap. I do'nt know what to do first deal with me fingers or me Yea!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 28 Nov 2004 21:53

LOL Peter. I had an incident which has cured me of smoking in the car. Fella was driving, so I'm trying to flick thru the window wiv my left hand (I'm a righty). Got to the end and tried to flick dog-end out - wind blew it back in and it dropped down the side of my seat :O OMG did I panic - he hadnt had the car long and there I was nearly setting fire to it - lucky it was a quiet road so he pulled over - I had the door open before he'd even stopped LOL

Fairy

Fairy Report 28 Nov 2004 22:28

I had a candel going on the coffee table the other day. Stupid dog had a funny five minutes (you know how they do) Knocked the candel over, wax every where on the dark green rug. Next morning it had dried and looked awful so got a load of kitchen roll and tried to iron it out, well it worked, but the pile melted under the hot iron. Now have a bare patch. Jo.