General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I know we all feel the same but...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Nov 2004 14:06

WHEN CAN WE SEE THE 1911 CENSUS - it would solve about 7 or 8 mysteries for me! nell [can I last another 8 years, or will I have forgotten who I'm looking for then!]

helenbell

helenbell Report 28 Nov 2004 14:34

I think i will be my granchildrens ancestor by then They will be looking for me Helen

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Nov 2004 14:35

I know Nell - it would help us all SOOOOOOOO much . they do say patience is a virtue - but oh dear!!!!!

John

John Report 28 Nov 2004 14:37

Just a little over 85 months to wait!

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 28 Nov 2004 14:37

...And so say all of us, Nell! I can also feel it in my bones that my ancestors feel the same. When are the Government going to listen to us, and my bones? Glenys.

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 28 Nov 2004 14:41

Hey Benjamin ....... Mr Caine, where are yooooooooooooo.... Ben was trying to prepare a petition for this, some weeks ago. Wonder how he's getting on with this? Glenys.

Pat

Pat Report 28 Nov 2004 14:59

Nell It's my wish to find what happened to my Mum's grandmother after she left her husband & two boys, The Census is so important for me to solve the mystery of who actually brought them up, no one still alive knows. It's very annoying that you can find living people through Electoral Registers etc., but how many have people still alive in their families that were alive in 1911? I have one and she is almost senile and at 94 she would have wanted it released at the time 0f the 1901 release. I signed Benjamin's petition and I will sign many more of them as it may make a difference. Pat x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 28 Nov 2004 19:27

Dead right, Joy. The Federation of Family History Societies have been fighting like mad to ensure we can continue to look at full details on certificates. Originally, we would ONLY be able to look at full certificates for people born 100 years ago. Now the goalposts have been altered in our favour. But in general the government is tightening up on privacy, not relaxing the rules. Brenda