General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

They've hit me where it hurts.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Nov 2004 16:38

I have just read our Town Council's latest Newsletter and I am outraged. Parking, which has always been free, is now to be priced at 50p an hour up to a max of £3 a day, or I can buy an annual parking permit for....wait for it......£480.00 Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Nov 2004 16:41

cheaper to rent a garage... it stinks it does.......some of harlow is permit parking. We pay our road tax, so should be free to park. Elaine x

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Nov 2004 16:45

But I only go down Town about three or four times a week for an hour or so. So that is going to cost me £2 a week or £102 a year. What I can't understand is where they think £480 is reasonable to offer for a permit. £50 maybe, or even £100 is pushing it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Nov 2004 16:51

Go Linda, I agree, Councillors do it voluntarily so why shouldn't they pay. My trips to Town are driven by my need to shop, not by choice.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Nov 2004 17:44

Jim, You mean they are actually going to charge you to park in Gosport??? I thought they wanted to attract people there? Ann Glos

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Nov 2004 17:53

ooooooooh you mean parking for shops not outside your house! we have been paying more than that in harlow for ages. if you park in Matalan or Asda you get your ticket validated for nowt if you shop there. But as said before councillers are trying to make parts of harlow permit only. so therefore you will have to pay to park outside yopur front door....disgusting ! Elaine x

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Nov 2004 19:06

not surprised grampa.in portsmouth the charges are ridiculous.people are even clogging up our roads to avoid paying.so now the residants can't park!xxxxx(: