General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help on coy carp

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Linda

**Linda Report 29 Nov 2004 05:54

my son has just moved houses and has a pond with coy carp he needs all the advice he can get one seems to have a lump on its back How often do you feed them Any advice would be useful Linda

badger

badger Report 29 Nov 2004 06:07

I would get advice from a cocal pet shop linda,they will know exactly how to feel and look after them.Some of these fish can live 40 odd years so you don't want to be taking bad advice. you should ask abouy that lump too,it may be nothing ,but it would be wise to get a well informed opinion.Fred.ptfg.

**Linda

**Linda Report 29 Nov 2004 06:23

Thanks Fred Will do that but all you on here are so helpful with your advice so thought I would ask here first Take Care thanks Linda

valinkent

valinkent Report 29 Nov 2004 20:40

Hi Linda We have a large pond with koi carp in ,the lump on one of thems back i should,nt worry about ,if they are quite large they do get lumps and bumps and there is not a lot you can do about it. As for feeding well i would,nt feed until the spring,they will find enough in the pond to keep them going though the winter,they proberbly would,nt eat anyway as it is getting too cold and if food goes uneaten it could polute the pond .Start feeding in spring as soon as the temperature in the pond gets above 10 degrees. Hope this helps Val