General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So when is the next meet up...is it in Bath??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 29 Nov 2004 13:31

Just wondering when we are all meeting up again, yes i know im keen! lol xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 13:32

there is one this Thursday in Manchester flower

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 29 Nov 2004 13:34

I wish i could come...just cant get the time off work! booooo! :-(( xx....Yeah Bendy, its journey for me, but ill trave all over as long as i can stay in hotel for a decent price lol! i raided the mini bar at the hotel i stayed in on saturday night, didnt realise that i got charged every time i openeed the door! sent me up to £15 extra! lol xxx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 13:37

Next London one is January at the East of London Family History Society Fair in Mile End. There is a thread somewhere, but I will wait to bump it until the New Year. Wanna let the other meets go ahead first undisturbed. Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 13:43

I can't think of anything scarier than Lynda in a bath ....

Rick

Rick Report 29 Nov 2004 13:44

How about a hot tub ? - it's pretty cold outside now. Someone was suggesting a Bristol get-together (Carol I think) but then she vanished - will nudge the thread. Bristol or Bath would be great for us. R&J.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2004 14:01

Although I could manage either Bath or Bristol, it depends where in Bath. if it is central parking is not good and could be expensive. Parkway hotel bristol had a good car prk ad is near Brristol prkway station. Ann Glos

Rick

Rick Report 29 Nov 2004 14:04

I'm with Ann on this one - The Parkway is good for access by train, bus and close to the motorway too.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 29 Nov 2004 14:05

who is gonna organise it...and when for? xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 14:07

well I hope you all take soap with you to the bath - dont want you to have a dirty weekend lol

Speedy

Speedy Report 29 Nov 2004 14:10

Hi Steph, I tried to find the original thread for the Bath/Bristol meet, but not able to, but count me in, Bristol would be better for me, but any where that has a bar...LOL :) Bev

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2004 14:14

Carole's thread was here a minute ago. I don't know whether she was going to organise it or just throwing out a feeler. it could do with someone who lives near bristol so that they can go to the pub etc. The Parkway were very accommodating last year but there are others in the area I believe. ann Glos Ann Glos

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 29 Nov 2004 14:15

ive gone and done it again havent i....serves me right for bringing these things up....look if the other member who wanted to sort out the meet up has now left, im happy to sort this one out...but i might need a hand! dont get me wrong though, i dont wanna take over! lol xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Nov 2004 15:43

how about pompey after christmas.would love to see you allxxxx(:

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2004 15:54

I think there is a thread on a Portsmouth meet after Christmas. Ann Glos

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Nov 2004 15:56

great are you all coming then.it's great down here with plenty of bars restaurants and nightlifexxxx(:

Josette

Josette Report 29 Nov 2004 19:09

Steph CAROL FROM GLORIOUS SOMERSET is organising the Bristol meet, she is gonna let us know after xmas Jo xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 19:39

Oh good, I was wondering what the latest was on Bristol/Bath. I'll be there I hope! Mandy :)