General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Late running appointments

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 29 Nov 2004 16:44

My son had a appointment for the hospital today at 3.55pm they are running nearly 3 HOURS late, he asked to re-schedule and was told the earliest appointment they had was for next MAY so I think he is going to sit it out, he is not a happy bunny.

Speedy

Speedy Report 29 Nov 2004 16:45

That's the way it is, and don't even think about turning up late yourself, you will find that you have lost your appointment, and they grouchy.... Bev

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Nov 2004 16:46

that is unexeptable.after sitting there for three hours they expect you to reschedule in may.what is the n.h.s coming toxxxx(:

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Nov 2004 17:07

Last week my wife had an eye apointment at our local eye clinic....first they couldnt find her notes, we sat there for best part of two hours, eventually the consultant saw her........reason for the delay? the appointment had been cancelled, and No, we hadnt had a letter, still hasnt arrived.He only agreed to see her because he realised we wouldnt be there without an appointment I have an appointment on wednesday at 830 in the evening,,,thats ok by me but I wont be able to drive afterwards........about a 4 hour procedure.. on phoning in to inquire about transport.. I was told thats wrong, its 830 AM.......Doh!!!!!just as well I rang in.

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 29 Nov 2004 18:28

No he's had enough, apparently its kicking off up there, everybody arguing with the poor receptionist (not her fault), so they are going to send him an appointment in the post. He did say though, that he was not prepared to wait until May, got a ha ha for a reply, we shall wait and see what happens.

Bob

Bob Report 29 Nov 2004 19:59

I worked for ten years at a hospital and do have a bit of sympathy for these problems. The usual cause is that the Consultant gets called into an emergency and so his clinic just has to wait. However it is not unknown for them to be delayed in their private practice as of course the paying patients come first.

Andy

Andy Report 29 Nov 2004 20:06

My 12 week pregnant daughter had a problem last Sunday. the 21st. She got referred for a scan on the Wed, the 24th. The baby had died. She hung around all day at the hospital and was sent home at 5pm and told to come back the next day at 12 am. She did. She waited all day until 6.30pm before going to theatre..She was told she would go home that evening, they had no-one to discharge her, she had to stay 'til the following morning. She now has no confidence in the NHS!

Joan

Joan Report 29 Nov 2004 20:35

But Mr Blair et al are telling us that the NHS is functioning well, everyone is seen in a given time etc etc. Could he be telling porkies?