General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help from budding poets please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 14:51

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to help with a verse please. I have been very busy lately and have only just got round to sorting out my Christmas card list. I make quite a few myself and have managed to make up verses for a lot of them but am running out of time fast and could do with a little help for the following:- The neighbours on the close who are very nice to have as neighbours but aren't special friends. I'd like to say that it's nice to have them as neighbours but I don't want to sound too flowery. Any advice please? Chrissie x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 15:17

Thanks Linda it's a good idea. Unfortunately the numbers only go up to ten LOL:))

helenbell

helenbell Report 30 Nov 2004 15:20

Thats a good one Linda!!!!

Merlin

Merlin Report 30 Nov 2004 15:23

Its nice to have you living near,now its Christmas,Pop round ,and have a Beer. Hal.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 15:25

Linda :))))))))) Harold - They might all take us up on it :))))

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 15:29

Thanks Linda - it's very nice and I will probably use it on open ones but I quite fancied incorporating the word neighbours. Sorry, am I being picky:)))

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Nov 2004 15:41

Bless us Lord, This Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be Kind. --Helen Steiner Rice Peace on earth will come to stay, When we live Christmas every day. --Helen Steiner Rice From Home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another… The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other… --Emily Matthews The best Christmas of all is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up with one another. --Anonymous It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air. --W. T. Ellis This brings a happy greeting as Christmas day draws near to wish you most sincerely the seasons warmth and cheer. --Author Unknown Christmas is a time of joy, a time for love and cheer, A time for making memories, To last throughout the year. --Author Unknown Somehow not only for Christmas But all the long year through, The joy that you give to others Is the joy that comes back to you." --Elwyn Brooks White Love came down at Christmas, Love all lovely, Love Divine; Love was born at Christmas; Star and angels gave the sign. --Christina Rossetti Sing hey! Sing hey! For Christmas Day Twine mistletoe and holly For friendship glows In winter snows, And so let's all be jolly. --Anonymous, An Old Christmas Greeting

Heather

Heather Report 30 Nov 2004 15:42

I liked the snowball one. Now that it is Christmas time I want to send good cheer But Im glad you are our neighbours EVERY day throughout the year

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 15:44

Elaine Thanks very much. I have printed these off, they will be very useful. I'm afraid the ones I make up usually have at least one funny line when I try to make them rhyme:)) Never mind, everybody knows what a divvy I am :))) Chrissie x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 15:46

Heather Thank you - that's great - just right for the neighbours I had in mind. Chrissie x p.s. I liked the snowball one too. Will use it for friends with a sense of humour

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Nov 2004 15:50

Definately Linda :))))))))))))))))))Many thanks