General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'M HAVING A CRISIS!!!....UPDATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 18:37

I'm tearing my hair out! Just brought my kitten Jazz home from having her 'Op'. She has to have the old 'funnel collar' cos she keeps licking the stitches. The two older cats are frightened of her. Little Louie was scared too, but now wants to play, and she mustn't - he is tearing round the house like a maniac. Jazz is not happy having to wear the collar. She is yowling to go out - struggling to eat her food - keeps getting her 'arm' stuck thru the collar - she wants to sleep but wont - she wants to jump around and climb and she mustn't. I've got massive PMT hence no darned patience. I'm yelling at Louie cos he wont leave Jazz alone - I can't stop Jazz trying to get out - can't pick her up - Am fast losing it here and having to cope all on my own! Nearly in tears trying to deal with all and the thought of all this for the next 10 days until the stitches come out...............

*  Bridget *

* Bridget * Report 30 Nov 2004 18:44

Anne ,dont know anything i can surggest to help but will send hugs hope they make you feel a little better.((((((((((ANNE)))))))))

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 18:46

Strump :(( I did take it off briefly and she was much happier - but straight away tried to lick the stitches again! She ate a little, but I had to put the collar back on - and that was a struggle in itself. I dont have anywhere I can seperate them all - the lounge/kitchen - no doors, and just the bedroom and bathroom upstairs. I feel like I'm on the verge of cracking up - I feel so bad for yelling at them - it's not their fault, but I just don't know how I'm going to cope - I've got to go to work so I cant even stay home to keep an eye on them.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 19:04

Jean - she's so small, she has the smallest one and I have it done up as far as it will go.......... She's now up again after 10 minutes kip desperately trying to get out again...........

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Nov 2004 19:04

Anne Huggggggssss!!! Don't worry about shouting. After all, what's the use of having a cat if you can't yell at it occasionally. They know you love 'em. Soon be over XX Jim

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 19:18

Thank you All for being so kind and supportive - you've all made me cry even more now....... I dont remember it being like this 8 years ago with Coco, but then I only had the 2 then. Maybe I am taking the vets advice too literally - keep her quiet - keep her IN - keep her seperated from the others - keep the collar on or the stitches will need redoing - keep her from jumping cos of the internal stitches..........

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 19:22

It's not helped either cos Louie has been unwell for the last 2 weeks - upset tummy - sneezing - so I am dealing with him too, and having to try and feed him seperately cos he is having antibiotics......... All I want to do is stay home with them tomorrow, but have no holiday left and dont know that my boss will be too pleased if I ring and ask for time off that I dont have - even tho he's a good boss :)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 19:26

Thanks Strump :) That one wont wash unfortunately, cos he knows whats going on - again, even tho he is a good boss, I dont think he'd be very pleased. Maybe I'll go in a bit late and make sure they are okay first.

Sandra

Sandra Report 30 Nov 2004 19:35

Anne sending you a ((((((hug)))))))) sandra

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 30 Nov 2004 19:58

Thanks Sandra :) GB - no I work daytime - 8am -5pm, and I am fortunate that work is only 10 mins away so I pop home at lunchtime too.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 Nov 2004 20:04

Oh Anne sorry to read this, poor little Jazz, how uncomfortable, that must be, they look so awkward, and 10 days.. Hope it gets a bit better for you! If not, come on here and scream! :) (bad enough trying to apply this liquid paraffin, furball again!).

Kim

Kim Report 30 Nov 2004 20:07

Anne - I see what you mean!!!!! Supportive hugs and stuff Kim xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Dec 2004 06:38

Okay - firstly thanks where thanks are due - to all of you for your words of support and comfort - I really thought I was gonna crack last nite! (Managed 4 hours of undisturbed sleep - then Louie woke me up at 4.30am being ill bless him.) Gave in eventually and removed Jazz's collar - she was so happy - she washed and washed and washed lol, but bless her she has not 'pestered' her stitches. Good old Mum and Dad have come to the rescue, as I didnt feel that I could trust Louie all day not to keep pouncing on her and instigating rough and tumble sessions. M & D have a large animal cage - big enough for her and a litter tray - so they have offered to have her for the day and keep her in a quiet bedroom (away from their two cats). This means I can leave Louie and the others with the free run here all day - Louie can go out and expel his energies and hopefully wont want to play too much when she gets home. They all seem to have had a 'quiet' night - Coco even got her place next to 'Mum' on the bed all night which she is very happy about :)) So thank you thank you All for your help - and special thanks to my lovely fella who sat here for 2 hours while I stressed out, and then went home with a soggy jumper LOL...........

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Dec 2004 07:07

Thanks for the update Anne, was thinking about you there, nothing like a good old cry, sounds like a good plan there, should be a bit easier for little Jazz. Bless him!.. Cats, what would we do without them!, hee hee take care :)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Dec 2004 18:19

Jazz has had a great day at her Nan & Granddads lol - so great in fact she completely ignored me when I first arrived to collect her :( I left the others with the free run to go in and out, hoping that Louie would take advantage and have used all his excess energy by this eve, and thus leave Jazz alone - well that plan didnt work lol - he is going loopy here now, but thankfully Jazz has put herself to bed so at least I only have to keep my eye on one for now :P Thanks again All - a stressful time and I am exhausted today, but alls well that ends well :))