General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The first thing I heard......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Dec 2004 06:43

when I woke to the 6 o'clock news on the radio, was that a man was shot last night - in the road where my fella lives. My blood ran cold - moblie on first - then straight to my Hot Mail account to see if he sent me any emails after he got home late last night. PHEW! no texts or voicemail - and plenty of emails. Thinking about it I would hopefully have had a call if - god forbid it had been him - but you cant help but think the worse can you?? :((

Sandra

Sandra Report 1 Dec 2004 07:20

Anne that's scary, when its somewhere you know, the worse always goes through your mind, i'm glad all is ok for you, but the other persons family must be going through hell sandra

Belle56

Belle56 Report 1 Dec 2004 07:30

Is that the shooting in Wilson Avenue, Rochester? Just heard it on the local news. Belle.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 1 Dec 2004 18:15

Hi All - yes Belle Wilson Avenue Rochester I missed the vital clue in the first report I heard - that it happened at 7pm. My fella was safely tucked up at work then, but cos I didnt hear that bit I did have one of those awful moments :(

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 18:21

Hi Anne, I know exactly how you must have felt. Last month there was a news report about an RAF Sgt aged 41 up in Lossiemouth having shot someone. All the details matched my brother. Sheer panic until we found out it wasn't. best wishes Christine