General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need a little help from my friends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 10:00

Sorry, such happy threads I've been reading. I am in a real tiswas. Not worked for two days. Don't know if its depression. Never experienced it. Got down in the dumps but thats all. Several things have happened in the course of my job over the last month. Last incident has really got to me. I'm not one for giving in but...

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 10:03

Somedays we all need a break when things get too much. Especially at this time of year, when all is dark and cold and grim. Hopefully you'll be happy again in a day or two :)

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 1 Dec 2004 10:12

Theres nothing worse than feeling down and not really knowing why!!! My partner suffers with depression on and off and he gets really frustrated with himself.. The best thing you can do is talk to your friends and that is why we are here.... so if you want to chew our ears off feel free!!! Hopefully you will start to feel like your old self again soon

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 10:16

Tks Benderella and Paul. Last straw was the bit of road rage and the b.....d spat at me. Don't know why it's got to me so much.

Mags

Mags Report 1 Dec 2004 10:20

Hi, Please don't ignore this if you are under stress at work. I carried on regardless and it built up to such an extent that I mentally and physically couldn't cope with things at all. Chat to someone about it now. Is there a Welfare Officer at work? (I think this is what's called being a Job's comforter! LOL ) If these were isolated incidents that have just got you down a little then take a few days off just to recharge your batteries. We all need a break every now and again! Love and a big hug Magsxxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Dec 2004 13:07

Autumn, sorry to hear that you are feeling down. It is good that you can chat on here, but have you anyone around you at home that you can chat to? Maybe a good long walk would help - it sounds strange but I have just taken myself off for a walk around the village (about 4 miles), it was quite cold but dry and sunny and i felt quite cheerful when i got home. Anyway, maybe the panto will do it for you this evening. Ann Glos

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 Dec 2004 13:11

I get like that all the time..... I'll be positive for months brushing off people's misdemeanors and then all of a sudden something daft kicks in and I can just get out of bed.... My advice.... duvet, black and white movie and a very large caffe latte with loads of chocs too!! hope you feel better soon babe!!

Bec

Bec Report 1 Dec 2004 13:24

You are not alone honey! I feel like you do every now and then and you have made the first step to easing it, you've acknowledged it! Be alone when you want to be alone. Sleep when you want to sleep. Talk when you want to talk (I highly reccommed all the agony aunts and uncles on this board!) love becx

Bec

Bec Report 1 Dec 2004 13:24

You are not alone honey! I feel like you do every now and then and you have made the first step to easing it, you've acknowledged it! Be alone when you want to be alone. Sleep when you want to sleep. Talk when you want to talk (I highly reccommed all the agony aunts and uncles on this board!) love becx

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Dec 2004 13:25

autumn could be a mixture of work and weather .i can get like that this time of year.but with christmas round the corner that should cheer us up!xxxxxxx(:

Zoe

Zoe Report 1 Dec 2004 13:28

Autumn Its the shortening of the days and the lengthening of the nights. SAD or seasonally affected disorder, I usually counteract it by going home, getting out the fairy lights and sitting in total darkness with nothing but them twinkling away. Always but ALWAYS makes me feel lovely. Either that or I ask someone for a big hug. Zoe

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 1 Dec 2004 13:36

One big {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}} For our mate Autumn I suffer too with depression and know how you feel. Sometimes you can be in a room full of people and still feel sad and alone. It helps me to have something good to focus on, be it a holiday or a meeting with friends. When Im low I plan it in my mind and actually makes me feel good. Here for you Elaine xx

Sfk lady

Sfk lady Report 1 Dec 2004 13:48

Use your couple of day's off to pamper yourself have a nice bubble bath etc. or go have some retail therapy.. sending you a hug and hope you feel better real soon.. Remember what goes around comes around and nasty people always get their comeuppance...