General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone heard from Rosemary?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 Dec 2004 13:53

I haven't been around and I wondered how she is doing after her sad news!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Dec 2004 13:55

hope she's o.k.sending her love and hugsxxxx(:

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 2 Dec 2004 11:33

Any news yet?

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 2 Dec 2004 20:40

I e.mailed her last night, but have not heard back from her. She did say she would be off the boards for a while. I am sure she will be back when she is feeling up to it. Have been thinking about her though, and hoping she is ok. Frances

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 3 Dec 2004 17:17

Thanks everyone,that was really nice of you.Yes I have been off the boards for a few days.It has been a strange few weeks with Mum dying.I have not felt quite real.I have gone on auto pilot.We got through the funeral on Weds1stDec very well.So many Swaffields turned up from all across the country.It was a wonderful day. We have lost a lot of our loved ones over the past two years and I took my favorite photos outof the family albums,bought some lovely card and mounted all their photos.I chose pictures of them as young beautiful people and more recent photos of them,At the "WAKE" afterwards I arranged this collage with 'In memory of all our loved ones' written on the card and set a single night -lite to burn in front of them. So we remembered them all,not just Mum. I am now pretty exhausted as we have had to clear her flat as well.So much to do when you just don't feel like it. I shall soon be back,but my thanks for now. Message for my friend in PINK, many thanks,The quartz arrived safely am today.What a kind thought.Hugs everyone Rose. ps Did I see Baz back?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2004 17:21

Rose, Nice to see you on here again, what a lovely idea you had of the card and photos and candle after the funeral. Just a thought, Swaffield not being that usual a name. i used to go to school with a Richard (called Dick) swaffield from 1951 until i left in 1956 - he, I think stayed on a cuple of years. he lived in Warsash, any relation? Ann Glos

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 6 Dec 2004 11:27

Glad you are safe and sound my friend.... look after yourself and remember to grieve whenever you feel like it.... there are no rulz where that is concerned!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 6 Dec 2004 11:30

Glad your sage Rosemary xxxxx