General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Salvation Army

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 1 Dec 2004 13:58

Hello all you good people. May I please just put a word in for the work done by the Sally Army at Christmas all Corps collect gifts for children /young adults etc who are deprived i.e. Homes, Orphans, one parent family for whatever reason etc etc the list is endless amongst all the other things they do hospital visiting, meals and their bands going around weeks before to bring Christmas cheer. If you have any good working toys, unwanted perfumes, books etc etc could you please wrap them and put the sex and age of child on the gift so they can be sorted accordingly if you can't get them to the local Corp a phone call to them and they will willingly collect. Thank you for your time A very happy and peaceful unlonely Christmas to you all, and no I am not a member of the Sally Army if I was this wouldn't be allowed. Thank you Trent Valley Christmas Bunny!!

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 Dec 2004 15:56

I will ensure that i find something for them this year!! :O)

Mary

Mary Report 1 Dec 2004 23:55

Many thanks ladies it is good to know we will be able to bring a smile to some childs face somewhere. Mary