General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

am I too young

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 1 Dec 2004 17:18

for a thermal vest? It's brass monkeys up here at the minute.

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Dec 2004 17:20

no if it's cold wear it.doesn't do much for your street cred though .so just let you see them and no-one elsexxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:20

would you like the long johns sent too??? seriously

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 17:20

You are never too young or too old. Billy Connolly says there's no such thing as inclement weather, just the wrong clothing. You wrap up warm girl.

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Dec 2004 17:21

wear it..... but i would recommend wearing something else as well !!! ;o)

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 1 Dec 2004 17:31

zoe hubby wears passion killers in the winter lol only because hes up and down ladders all day susie

Zoe

Zoe Report 1 Dec 2004 17:31

Andrea- LOL - you mean I dont wear it and nowt else? I'm gonna stop off at tesco on the way home and get me one

David

David Report 1 Dec 2004 17:57

Hi Zoe Thought you northeners were a hardy lot!!!. Does that mean your wearing your thermal vest and long johns Dorothy?? David

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Dec 2004 18:51

A few years ago, one of my daughters got hold of one of my lacy thermal vests (yes you can get pretty ones), dyed it and wore it as a tee- shirt! I'm sure I've recently seen thermal type tee shirts in Next. maggie

Wendy

Wendy Report 1 Dec 2004 19:26

Absolutely not. I'd rather be warm, cosy and happy rather than cold, shivering or miserable. Yes, you can buy very nice lacy ones, which look very nice worn on there own. Warm, cosy and happy anytime.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Dec 2004 19:42

Daughter got one from the Damart catalogue, different thermal ratings, from 1 to 5, (very warm!).. pretty with lace on different colours! :)

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 1 Dec 2004 20:43

I thought only old Biddies bought Damart vests to keep them warm Bren from a 1000 feet up minus her thermal vest

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 1 Dec 2004 20:49

Zoe find yourself a nice young man to keep you warm instead!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Dec 2004 20:52

Daughter's 21 Brenda, and reckons she's freezing! she borrowed one from my poor old Mum, who is 75, and moves about a lot more!.. :)

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 1 Dec 2004 21:01

Every 1st November, I rub myself all over with beef dripping then get my wife to stitch me into a double layer of red flannel. With a little help, I cut them off on the first day of spring and have a hot bath. Haven't had a cold in years..... everything else, though. Len

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 1 Dec 2004 21:20

Princess Diana gave Damart a boost in sales in the early years of her married life - when asked how she stayed warm - she told them Damart! Wear a vest and then look pretty, healthy and cheerful - wear none, be cold and look miserable and pinched. Husband needed new vests last week - only ones I could find in his size were thermal - he is overjoyed at how warm he feels on the golf course! Down side - he keeps lowering the heating!