General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

citroen picasso's - is it true ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 19:47

hi all, we are picking our new car up on friday [ am still in mourning for our old one, it only 'died' last saturday] but my husband has just told me that the only problem with the new car [a picasso] is that they break down if you play robbie williams cd's on them . i wondered if anyone has come accross this problem ? sue.- an avid robbie fan.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 19:49

hi jean, i have printed off your reply. i am sure he will be so relieved to know that. lol. sue.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Dec 2004 19:51

Hi Sue, They are prone to Engine management computer going wrong, a friend at work has a new one ( 6 months old )and has had two new units fitted. Sorry. Baz

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 19:53

hi baz- the main thing is that i can play robbie ! dont care if the car works- i wont be driving it. lol sue.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Dec 2004 19:57

My son's last car was a Picasso, and it was very comfy and nice and high up (perfect for little short-houses like me - I could see the scenery). He had one or two little rattles, and I do recall that during the summer he had to have some shield things fitted to the windows to reflect the wind, otherwise it ruffled the dog's hair (who sat in the back) Otherwise I think he was pleased, exept when it came to the servicing - expensive I think. Good luck though - they look lovely. Jacqui

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 1 Dec 2004 19:58

Hi Sue. How are you? My son is a car mechanic. Although he has just started working with Lexus and is about to be entered as Technician of the year in England. He had worked on Citreon's for the past three years. Brand new ones and very old ones.Knows then like the back of his hand. He has been up and down the country with them. If you do get one and have any trouble just let me know. He will give you online advise. That goes for anyone else who needs it. Jennyxx

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 19:59

oh heck- i have 2 rottweillers ! wouldnt want their fur ruffled. sue [ ps its 'wicked red' with loads of room in the back - lol]

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Dec 2004 19:59

Sue, Try playing Chas and Dave. When you break down,somebody will take pity on you,and give you a tow,to the local doctor.lol Baz

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 20:02

jacqueline- my hubby as said my middle name should be picasso- cos i am high maintenance and expensive to service ! hiya jenny- i have just added to your thread- saying how dissapointing it was- lol. baz, do you REALLY think people will stop for us if we are playing chas and dave ? i think i would hide in one of those footwells it would be so embarrasing. lol sue

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Dec 2004 20:03

Sue, You could always put a Skoda badge on it,,,,,sorry.lol

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 20:06

baz- might try the skoda badge when we go to pay for it- might get it cheaper. lol sue.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Dec 2004 20:17

Sue, Seriously now, since my mate`s had the problem sorted,he`s had no trouble with it whatsoever,in fact he tows a caravan with it, and loves it. Baz

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Dec 2004 20:26

Hi Gaynor, What do they call a Skoda convertable, A `Skip`. LOL Sorry, couldn`t resist it. Baz

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Dec 2004 20:32

oooooooooooooooh thats fighting talk baz, lol-[whoops -sorry glitter baby] sue