General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i've got a crisis!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 22:27

Jacked the job. Just told hubby. Going to have a month off work. Sort my life and house out and get another job in the New Year. Problem solved. Worked that out myself, saved a fortune.

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Dec 2004 22:35

Good for you nobody else can sort your life out but you. Good luck

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 1 Dec 2004 22:37

Good for you and Good Luck!! Please let us know what happens. Maggy

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 1 Dec 2004 22:37

good luck autum....work to live...not....live to work :o)

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Dec 2004 22:39

good for you Autumn !! i did the same in october, after doing a 70+ hour weeks.... and i don't regret it for a minute !! I have now started applying for jobs, as i feel sooooo much better for the rest !! ( although still quite tired, as i'm on the computer all the time !!! ) andrea :o)

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 22:42

Tks all u nice people. Feel great. Now think it is Winter. Better change my name. That will be a laugh. Tried to change it earlier today and ended up crashing my computer. Was it theWinter Warmers they objected to do u think?

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 22:44

Andrea, stay off the computer. It is addictive. Pace yourself.

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Dec 2004 23:02

My son's fiance's name actually is Autumn.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 1 Dec 2004 23:09

Oh Brian that is lovely. Just picked it at random. Lovely warm name I think. Going to be a cold miserable old mare next. Such is life.

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Dec 2004 23:13

i realised this Autumn/Winter when my computer chair developed a buttock shaped groove in it !! My house is a tip, and i just sort of nest in the corner at the desk.... but hey, i'm happy !! andrea PS... just realised that my right hand is claw shaped too... is it a new disease ?? " genealogist mouse finger " ;o)

Lynn

Lynn Report 1 Dec 2004 23:15

Iv'e just started a new job this week. Had 2yrs off and done all the things around the house and in the garden that I wanted to do...but now 2 yrs on and I need other things doing. Had a good rest....you must be joking been much too busy spending time with my grandchildren. Its only part time but needed to get back into work for a rest...LOL

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 1 Dec 2004 23:19

Give your self a pat on the back The world is your oyster LOL Debs.

Mags

Mags Report 2 Dec 2004 08:58

Well done! That took guts. Glad you got things sorted and I'm sure things will improve from now on! Hugs Magsxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Dec 2004 09:03

Good for you, if your not happy doing something, why not! Life's too short to be unhappy, enjoy your time off and good luck in the new year. sandra