General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting forgetful

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 2 Dec 2004 08:07

I work as a supervisor at our local Safeway. I forgot I had swopped shifts today and I got up at 6 this morning, left at 7 to walk the mile to work. It was cold, dark and drizzling. Not very nice. When I arrived to open up my friend was already there and then the penny dropped. I had swopped shifts and I did not start for another 2 hours! Luckily my husband came to get me and I am back home for a while. Then out again at 9. Thats if I dont drop off to sleep. Its going to be a long day. Shirley

Belle56

Belle56 Report 2 Dec 2004 08:40

Well Shirley, I'm very dissapointed that you didn't stay to help your poor friend out, or at least sit in the canteen drinking tea for 2 hours before your shift started and as for calling your poor husband out to collect you, you should have gladly given Safeway 2 of your precious hours, think of all the wonderful things Safeway gives to you Ha Ha. Never mind Shirl, ain't growing old wonderful. Love Belle.

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 2 Dec 2004 08:49

You think you are forgetful!! Itook my mates new baby for a walk last week and went to the post office for her! When I got home I unpacked all my shopping and my mate asked me if I had forgotten anything....... Id only left the baby in the post office!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 2 Dec 2004 08:50

Beverley...omg thats awful!!!! lol...x

Shirley

Shirley Report 2 Dec 2004 08:58

April When I finish my tea in a few minutes I am off out again. Hope its warmed up a bit. I also put on half a pound when I got weighed at WW last night and this week I tried really hard. I have heard those strories about leaving babies outside stores and going home. I used to leave my daughter outside the shop in her pram while I did my shopping and not have to worry. I think we would be locked up now if we did that. Well off I go again. Shirley

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 2 Dec 2004 09:03

Luckily the little one was still there when I got back or I think I just might have lost a mate