General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

School assembly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 2 Dec 2004 14:47

I went to my grand daughter's assembly today. Each class takes it in turn to do an assembly each term. It really does give the children confidence. Lauren is in the last year of junior school and you can really see the difference from when I first used to go. Sad to think they only do one more before they leave. Why do children grow up so fast?

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 2 Dec 2004 18:01

Hi Jane. My daughter' class (year 4) are doing assembly tomorrow. She has to do the introduction - in French!! She hates French!! Then there will be the concerts in 2 weeks. She is gonna be playing the trumpet - I just hope she is ready! Son is in year 2, so moving from infants to juniors in July (in old speak!). I know what you mean about growing up fast - only seems yesterday they were babies! Maz. XX

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 2 Dec 2004 21:31

My 5 year old connie had her assembely this morning had to read out a sentence amazing that this time last year she couldnt read. Elaine x

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 2 Dec 2004 21:34

Yes, the primary school assemblys and concerts are well worth watching. They do grow up too fast, especially once they start secondary school then it seems even quicker, my little girl (and she is still my little girl) only started in September this year and the change in her is incredible. Kxx