General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THIS TIME LAST MONTH....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 2 Dec 2004 17:19

I had a cold - and now I've got another one - whats going on??? :O I had to come home from work cos I feel all 'flu-ey' slept from 11.30am until 4pm and still feel rough - not fair!!

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 2 Dec 2004 17:32

Sheila's cure for a lousy cold - 1 large hot toddy (lemon juice, hot water, whisky, honey) 1 soak in hot scented bath 1 CD of relaxing music 1 snuggly duvet / blanket / dressing gown 1 hot water bottle lemsip or other as required something you really fancy to eat (feed a cold!) - I always fancy an egg sandwich (wierd I know)! preferably one or more pets / men to snuggle up with Perhaps you didn't get rid of the first cold properly, your body's telling you to 'take it easy'!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 2 Dec 2004 17:32

Anne so do i! I havent slept properly since last thurs!!!! and now i got this cold its a nightmare! xxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Dec 2004 18:07

Anne i killed mine with brandy, port, lemon , and a spoon of sugar topped up with hot water, a couple of those and you'll be sorted. sandra

Jo

Jo Report 2 Dec 2004 18:12

Ever had sloe brandy, hubby swears by it for colds. He has given some to our elderly neighbours and his boss. Its worked a treat and killed off their colds. Find an empty 1L bottle- fill with half pound sloes, half pound sugar, top up with cheap brandy (be patient whilst brandy seeps through the sugar). Once done give bottle a gentle shake to ensure sugar is well coated with the brandy. Leave Once a week give the bottle a little shake and rotate it. Leave for 4 weeks, then drink. It doesnt taste like brandy, its lovely.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 2 Dec 2004 18:24

Blimey looks like I better get down to the Off-Licence - they'll think I got a dwink problem LOL....... Thanks for the tips - will try them later as have to drive up to Chislehurst just now..............Cheers

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Dec 2004 19:00

Evening Anne, not feeling much better here!.. felt groggy this morning, dry irritating throat, now nose is all blocked :( have had Lemsip and just made honey and lemon, never had a single cold all of last year!. Makes you feel tired, I've missed most of the panto today, fell asleep this afternoon, am now catching up here! Hope you feel better soon, am keeping germs to myself! :)

Bec

Bec Report 2 Dec 2004 19:02

Sorry you feel rough :-( I dont have a cold/flu/etc but my ear keeps going funny.. like ive got water in it but i havent Any amateur docs care to diagnose me? becx

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 2 Dec 2004 22:46

Anne, I hope you feel better soon. Those tissues with the balm are good for sore noses,lol. Sue not Sylvia

Chris Ho :) Report 3 Dec 2004 07:33

Norning Anne, feeling any better today?.. am blocked up nasally this morning! :)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 4 Dec 2004 14:14

Hello All - missed a day (or is it two) on here............ Feeling even worse than I did on Thursday - really bad chest; brain rattles in my head when I cough - feeling totally drained. Was supposed to go crimbo shopping wiv me fella today, but am confinde to quarters supervising the kittens instead :(( SNIFF! COUGH! SPLUTTER!!

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 4 Dec 2004 15:10

Sorry about your colds everyone- I really hope you feel better soon BEC,ARE YOU THERE? I had what I called squelchy ear for about 3 weeks.It was an ear infection.Go and get something from the doctor for it. I tried to ignore mine,I had too much else to think about and eventually it got so bad I began to feel wobbly. Good Luck all. Hugs Rose

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Dec 2004 06:39

Hope your'e feeling better now Anne, must admit I feel fitter this morning!.. How's little Jazz getting on?, am thinking of you all! :)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Dec 2004 06:44

Hi Christine :)) Morning! Feeling better this morning than I have all weekend - real bad chesty cough, but it's starting to ease ta. Jazz is doing fine - altho she is still being shipped off to Mum & Dad during the day, as she is not allowed out, so she has more room there to burn off her energy. Stitches are holding out - just!! She has undone one on each where they were quite loose, apart from that everything looking good - stitches due out Fri :)) Glad you feelin bette - have a good day :))

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Dec 2004 06:59

Thanks for the update Anne, am glad you are all on the mend!.. Hoping this week's better, roll on Friday!.. Bless little kitts! :)

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 6 Dec 2004 07:01

LOL Christine - that wasn't quite what I was saying this morning when they were both in my face at 5.30am purring for England and pawing at me to wake up lol.........