General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FAMILY HISTORY DAY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 2 Dec 2004 18:07

I don't know if there has already been a thread about this but the local radios are doing a family history day it is featured on the bbc sight. My local on is radio wm. they are going to be at the think tank in birmingham between 11 and 4 this sunday 5th dec. They are covering all you need to know about starting and keeping your tree and how to use documents. and people are there to give advice.....many more things. if you would like to know where the one for your area is this weekend look on bbc.co.uk/familyhistory and on the right hand side it says local radio click on that and there is a list of all the stations and where the events are held. I'm going to the on in birmingham.....see you there sue

Susan

Susan Report 2 Dec 2004 18:21

nudge

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 2 Dec 2004 19:15

Unfortunately Radio Leeds had ours on the 21st November and I don't think I heard about it. Nearest one to me now is York but hard to get there on a Sunday because of the transport problem. Sue

Susan

Susan Report 2 Dec 2004 19:23

sorry sue, only found out today thats why i posted this so no one misses out this weekend sue

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 2 Dec 2004 21:15

Hi Susan You don't need to apologise not your fault Radio Leeds can't have it on days that other radio stations are having the family history day on. It's Radio Leeds they put notices out on the radio when I am at work. Will maybe go to the York one,really could do with going to Derbyshire one where all my rellies came from. Sue

Susan

Susan Report 3 Dec 2004 08:18

hi sue hope you find what your looking for. good luck. sue