General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

warning

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 3 Dec 2004 08:19

/

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 3 Dec 2004 08:20

Ive copied this warning from a member of another site, hope she doesnt mind me warning you all. I’ve just received my quarterly Cornwall Family History magazine and this is a warning they have issued, thought I’d share it with you. BE CAREFUL A number of our members have recently received a letter from a William Pince, genealogist and chairman of the S.G.N.? You are asked to send money for a Family Chronicle and Coat of Arms, to an address that is, to say the least, rather suspect. A small note at the bottom of the form reveals That it is a Dutch company using a UK accommodation address. Before you send your hard earned money please check out this company as it is ALLEGED that it is a suspect organisation and that it is in fact a scam. (ALLEGATION ONLY) One of our members contacted the organisation to enquire where they had got his address and a lady with a Dutch accent was most vague in her answer and terminated the call. The letter tells you that your name goes back centuries but our members know better. BE CAREFUL.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 08:52

Oh dear. At this rate I won't get my tree past being any bigger than an acorn.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 3 Dec 2004 09:00

Thanks for letting us know Elaine. viv

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 Dec 2004 09:03

elaine back in the summer my mum and dad gave me a copy of this letter that they had recieved. i posted a thread about it on the general board as i was a bit concerned about it. and yes ,it is a scam. thankyou so much for bringing back to our attention. susie