General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my pc' showing the date as 1st Jan 2000.!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 3 Dec 2004 09:50

Any pc experts out there,,? Mine is showing the date as the millenium and the time as 47 mins past midnight,,,am i in a time warp?

Ann

Ann Report 3 Dec 2004 09:52

Perhaps your computer is having an emotional crisis, poor love!

Anna

Anna Report 3 Dec 2004 10:01

Maybe the battery that powers the clock on yr pc has tun out? Anna :-)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 3 Dec 2004 10:03

Sounds like some internal device has 'gone' and it's reverted to its factory settings! If everything else is working, shouldn't be a problem - my clock doesn't work properly either!

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Dec 2004 10:14

Just right click on the clock on the task bar and click on adjust time and date. Then change it to the right date and time. I found once that when mine did this I couldnt get any sites as I didnt have the "correct security certificate" (Dont ask me what that means) Margaret

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Dec 2004 10:17

Your sytsem date is not just a calendar. If it's not up to date you can have all sorts of problems with site certificates and updates etc. In Xp control panel there is an internet time option but it's sometimes a bit flakey. If you have further problems try http://www.worldtimeserver(.)com/atomic-clock/ This will keep your time and date correct to one second. There are others but some are a bit suspect Bob

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 3 Dec 2004 10:18

Thanks Margaret,,that did the trick..!!

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 3 Dec 2004 10:21

Yes Margaret it was your problem I remember! Bob

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Dec 2004 10:23

Yes Bob, drove me mad, have a new computer now so hopefully wont happen again. At least if it does I'll know what to do Margaret