General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING THIS WEEKEND?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 3 Dec 2004 10:55

As it's December I thought many of you may be going to parties, getting dressed up and having a great time. I'm off to a Christmas bazarr in the morning and have friends coming in the afternoon. Sunday we shall see one of the grandchildren. In between all that I shall be busy sprinkling happy fairy dust everywhere!

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 3 Dec 2004 10:57

work tonight, christmas works party tomorrow, sunday, kids pantomime and visiting my new niece!

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 11:01

going to local FHS meet with my lovely neighbour - they are laying on entertainment - so really looking forward to that

Kim

Kim Report 3 Dec 2004 11:03

Santa train at Longleat on Sunday - yippee!! Kim

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Dec 2004 11:03

Hi fairy Jo i shall be putting up my tree this weekend, and if i feel up to it shall burn some of the garden rubbish. I really should be finishing the updating on my tree, which i was doing before a couple of emails made me come on the board. I shall have to tear myself away soon, as i need to finish it before i do anymore research and my certificates arrive to take me back another generation. Have a good weekend jo sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 11:04

As little as possible ? I'm on call this weekend, so won't be straying too far from home (I have to respond to any calls within 30 minutes). I help out at the local football club, so I'll be there much of Saturday, and going to Sunday lunch at my parents... no other plans as yet. Wife will probably twist my arm to put the Christmas decorations up at some point though.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 Dec 2004 11:10

well......... donna and dave are coming to our house and we are then all going over to gaynor and robs. i am soo excited lol susie

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Dec 2004 11:33

Moving my stuff back home, then going out with Bec Batty in the evening, then on sunday am going to my grandparents golden anniv x

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 3 Dec 2004 11:39

If I'm better, I'm off to Kew tomorrow for the Family History event. And if there's any decency in me, I'll go into work on Sunday, as I suspect that the base reason for being off work is too much time spent on these boards. Brenda

Andrea

Andrea Report 3 Dec 2004 11:42

snap brenda !! my other half is taking me to Kew ( not his choice !!) but he's away for my birthday next week.... so a touch of emotional blackmail worked wonders ! i can't wait andrea

Fairy

Fairy Report 3 Dec 2004 12:39

Well what ever you are doing, have a good time and take care. Jo.

Bec

Bec Report 3 Dec 2004 12:47

I thought Kew was shut tomorrow? becx

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Dec 2004 13:06

Susie and I have been invited to the Mayoress 'At Home' tomorrow afternoon. Result of her turning on the christmas lights the other week. Might just get those cards written in between coats of emulsion drying.

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 3 Dec 2004 13:07

Bec Kew is closed for production of original documents, but is hosting an open day, based around "Who do you think you are?" Nick Barrett will be there. There are lots of talks and workshop sessions, including showing you how to use WW1 records. Full details at: www.bbc(.)co.uk/london/yourlondon/family_history.shtml Brenda