General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Info on how to look up graveyard records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Edward

Edward Report 3 Dec 2004 13:14

Can any body help me with information on where to go or contact for information on what plots people are buried in, I'm looking for my relatives, who are buried in the North London Finchley area and any info on whom to contact and what records and info I can see would be very welcome.

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Dec 2004 13:18

Edward if you have an idea of the cemetry you can contact them direct with a name and approx death but not a wide search and they will give you the plot number, also on the record and tips board their is a thread for cemetry lookups, if you type cemetry in the box you may find someone that will go for you. Also on the tips board is best websites and their are some online. happy hunting sandra

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 3 Dec 2004 13:25

Cemeteries should provide the details if you can quote a date of death. Be warned, though that even with plot numbers it can still be difficult to locate a grave. A friend and I trawled through one of the Finchley cemeteries on 31st December, with weather just like today's (overcast, dark and damp). Even armed with a photograph it took ages to find the grave, largely because we were steering a wide berth round the burnt-out car right in front of the grave! Enjoy Brenda

Howie

Howie Report 3 Dec 2004 14:06

hi edward the local council for the area can tell you where the records are kept then go along and read through them when i was searching for (wendy they were all very helpful try and find a date if possible it can be a big help good luck howard

Karen

Karen Report 4 Dec 2004 03:18

nudge.......... so i can read tomorrow lol