General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nostalgia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 13:38

It's not what it used to be is it ?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Dec 2004 13:39

what is it in the first place??? lol xxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 3 Dec 2004 13:46

tell me!!??

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 13:59

it means "a sentimental longing for things past"

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Dec 2004 14:05

Paul of course it is, i get nostalgic looking at family photos, remembering trips to the zoo, great days out, the first meeting of that special someone in your life, food aromas, theirs loads of things to get nostalgic about. lol sandra

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 14:31

My sentiments too Sandra. We had nothing of what the bored little darlings have today. We did have imagination. What fun we had entertaining ourselves. Saturday morning pictures. Zorro. Sledging on an old metal tray. Not having to lock your door. Community spirit where everyone looked out for their neighbours. Be naughty and it was either a clip round the ear from the local bobby or a neighbour telling your parents. Misbehave at school and you got the strap. I pity today's society. Most of us were brought up with morals, respect and discipline. Our parents and grandparents sacrificed their teens and 20's to give us a better life. fighting in hell holes in two wars. I may be considered old fashioned but I instilled those qualities in my children which are now being passed down to my grandchildren. Maybe there is some hope for us all.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 14:42

humours just lost on some people isn't it ? lol

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Dec 2004 14:44

Paul your humours not lost on us, we just turned it round to get a discussion, something nostalgic lol