General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Simple solution surely! GR take note.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 15:53

GR are removing threads right left and centre. Many which are not offensive. Why can't they just remove the offenders too. Three strikes and you are out. Give them back their £7.50 or whatever. No big deal. Tell them to take a hike.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 15:54

Have they removed any threads today ?

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 15:57

Not sure but the day is young.

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Dec 2004 15:59

thats fine but like you said some are not offensive .that would be unfair to remove someone who feels and others feels they have done nothing wrong.xxxxx(:

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 16:01

No not aimed at anyone. Saw that their thread had gone and read some comments.Think it utterly pathetic. Surely GR can get rid of them dimwits. If they can take our money so readily they can back us up.

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Dec 2004 16:01

Benderalla, Is Lynda Pace moonlighting as Mystic Mug?

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 16:05

didn't see the threads in question, can assure you that Lynda's not masquerading as anyone. If she says she's not posting, then she's not posting.

N

N Report 3 Dec 2004 16:15

Havent noticed myself, but £7.50, someone on here said its now £7.99, so which is it or did they write it down wrong???, LOL, am confusing myself.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 16:18

I paid £7.50 in October. Maybe the extra is for the grief you get too.

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Dec 2004 16:19

G.R removed one of my threads without warning or giving a reason for it to be removed. When I started a new thread to complain about the sneaky removal of the other one, they removed that one too!

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 16:22

Hi Daniel, since being on here I have never found you to be offensive. What's going on.

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Dec 2004 16:23

I think G.R didn't like some people's answers to the, What do you think is a suitable punishment, thread.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 16:25

Daniel, as I've said before, I'm not surprised - some of the comments were a little strong (I don't disagree with the feelings, just the choice of words used at times).

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 3 Dec 2004 16:34

In a DEEP tetch today. It would be nice if GR had the technology to ensure that if a member had (say) three threads on page one, they could not create a fourth. This would surely make those starting threads for the first time less intimidated. Will return to my real name when I'm out of the sulks. Ben

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 3 Dec 2004 16:35

My beef is that I go onto threads. Start off as good conversation and then highjacked by muppets. Danials may have got a bit risque with language, didnt read it. That's not going to offend me too much. Can always slap his wrist. I want something done about these people who are highjacking the site and they are.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 16:38

Bendy, my problem was that I simply couldn't think of anything this morning lol. Don't you think though, that once you'd raised some threads, we actually had proper conversations on them rather than the rubbish of the last few days ?

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Dec 2004 16:39

No need to slap me wrist. I only started the thread. I never made any personal opinions myself.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2004 17:29

I too object when a serious thread deteriorates into silliness. I don't object to iintentionally silly threads because I don't have to read them and it is a free country (or I thought it was). I agree with paul that some of the language on Daniels thread was a bit strong but why don't they just remove those comments? i suppose it is much easier to take out the whole thread. Ann glos