General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hampers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 3 Dec 2004 17:48

Have you got yours yet?

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 3 Dec 2004 17:54

I think hampers are a waste of time. Half the stuff you get you often dont use or like, and give away. We gave up years ago & now we put a couple of quids worth of supermarket saving stamps on a savings card, per week. By christmas you have about £100 to spend on a lot of groceries booze ect. You get far more choice and value for money that way Elaine x

pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Report 3 Dec 2004 18:49

Got one via Bendy and children in need, its fantastic. Christine

Bob

Bob Report 3 Dec 2004 19:08

We do a hamper for my 85yo mother every Christmas. We buy ordinary things like butter and soup - of course we only include things we know she likes. Trying to buy presents for the oldies is v hard so maybe this is a solution for you too. ps - Ready made hampers are rubbish Bob

Bob

Bob Report 3 Dec 2004 19:13

Bendy I meant the kind you see in catalogues

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Dec 2004 19:28

ive been lucky enough,to have seen wendy's website,and theres a big difference,between her company,and that of her competitors,as her hampers are bespoke. she also offers a personal shopping service,which can take the headache out of that special occasion,allowing you to relax,and enjoy yourself. congratulations wendy,its so good to see someone making something of their lives. bryan.