General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ARTISTS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 4 Dec 2004 13:31

Does anybody else paint as a hobby, my mum taught herself and does alot of oil paintings, which are beautiful, i have tried several times but can't get the hang of it, just not talented enough. So i stick to my other hobbies. sandra

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 4 Dec 2004 13:37

My mum's dad did a lot of painting. Although self-taught and not serious about it he was good and I still have some of his stuff somewhere. Mum inherited his ability, but it completely bypassed me. The best I can manage is Pictionary drawings! Maz. XX

Speedy

Speedy Report 4 Dec 2004 13:39

My hubby enjoys doing glass engraving, does that count? Bev

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Dec 2004 14:08

My grandfather Bernard Meninsky and his son Phillip were both war artists and correspondence.Phillip painted ballerina's in pastel - out of this world!!!!! Bernard did still life,nude's,soldiers,portraits etc in oil,charcoal,pencil etc.They both have work in War museum and other galleries.Websites as well:o))) l love sketching,but don't do much now. jude sarf wales

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 4 Dec 2004 14:11

I've 'painted the town red' in my day - does that count?? :P lol

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 4 Dec 2004 14:14

I do when I get the chance (even sold a few) but this hobby has taken over.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Dec 2004 14:52

you should take it up again Jude, the one on the web site is lovely. I wish I could paint, I have had a go but I am not very good. Ann Glos

Catherine

Catherine Report 4 Dec 2004 14:53

Hi Yes I paint, been painting since I was old enough to hold a paint brush. Certified (in more ways than one lol) Bob Ross Instructor......just love his method of painting. Currently teach art one evening a week in community centre and about to set up a new art group in my local town. Happy Painting to all fellow artists :)

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 4 Dec 2004 15:03

I am a water-colourist and have painted all my life.I really enjoy it.When I arrived on Portland over twenty years ago now,I began a study of the flowers of the Island.I have done over 50 botanical plates of the flora of the island. I love to paint when I am on holiday and remember some really exciting days painting like the time I sat in the shingle on the aptly named Newgale Beach in Wales.It was lashing with rain and blowing a gale.The painting was exciting.-Rose

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 4 Dec 2004 22:43

I used to do oil painting (tutor Henry Miller) but it was very time consuming (and I used to hate people peering over my shoulder). I now have 4 cameras with a variety of lenses - and photography is much quicker and just as satisfying although maybe a tad more expensive. I never got on with watercolours - made the paper soggy and eventually made a hole in it. Pastels - well........got more on me than on the paper Len

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 4 Dec 2004 23:04

Although I'm not very good I enjoy watercolour painting. Most are landscapes from photographs I have taken myself. I'm useless at portraits. I don't have much time for painting just now due to other commitments. Tend to do most of my artwork at school, where I work, with the children. Art work meaning painting, drawing, collage, D & T, clay, dough, displays, etc... Viv