General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Strictly Come Dancing - who....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 4 Dec 2004 21:10

got kicked out - three here desperate to know - we missed it as we were engrossed watching Fred Dibnah tribute Ann

John

John Report 4 Dec 2004 21:10

Aled.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 4 Dec 2004 21:12

Thank you - am surprised but pleased for Julian - he has come so far from having two left feet! Ann

John

John Report 4 Dec 2004 21:13

All the judges said Julian should go as he can't dance. I know what they mean, but he is entertaining!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 4 Dec 2004 21:40

surely it will be jill and darren who win????? what a fab show. My mum is 81 and still goes dancing at least twice a week. I was taught as a child and we used to go to Wembley conference centre every year to see 'miss ballroom dancing' I think it was. demos and dancing all day - puffball dresses were 'in' for the ballroom ladies!!! Maz. XX

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Dec 2004 22:11

But when it comes to the public vote it is not the best dancers who go through but the favourite personalities, otherwise julian would not have gone through. still that's entertainment!!! Ann Glos

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 4 Dec 2004 22:11

Mandy - I was thinking of you when I heard that Aled had been dropped - perhaps he should have stuck to the day job, honoured his commitments and not let down so many of his fans!

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 4 Dec 2004 22:40

Thanks for that, we were watching Fred Dibnah as well. Brilliant tribute to a great man. viv

Lily

Lily Report 5 Dec 2004 08:34

I sympathise about the cancelled concert but I am sure Aled thought he would be out of the dancing well before now! However, except for illness, stars should honour their commitments (they have taken your money for the event many months before and the organisers have been getting interest on it!) I assume there was a full refund of ticket money? I hope Denise and Ian win - they have real 'flair'.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 5 Dec 2004 14:39

Mandy,Id be pretty miffed too.I think that is awful.He had a committment to his supportive audience.He would do well to remember that his appearance Come Dancing is transient whilst he no doubt depends on his singing career for his living. Not a nice way to treat his supporters. -Rose PS your ticket was a contract,ask him what he intends to do about breech of contract.