General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Worlds oldest person

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 5 Dec 2004 13:37

I wonder if there is anyone who is older than 116 which I think is the age the worlds oldest person is. I read in the Daily Mail 4 years ago of a woman in Africa who is 150, although it could not be proven. I wonder if that is possible, as I have just read Bendy's living to 1000 thread.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 5 Dec 2004 13:48

G'day Benjamin. "Google" from 2003. At the age of 128, Elizabeth (Ma Pampo) Israel is considered the World’s oldest living person. Born in Portsmouth, Dominica, and the daughter of a slave, she started working on a plantation at the age of 25 and retired 79 years later. Ma Pampoo ascribes her longevity to her diet--including lots of dumplings and bush tea. She has survived her husband and two children Can some one teach me how to make Dumplings!!! Already know how to make "Bush Tea" lol Tony Oz

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 5 Dec 2004 14:20

Tony I will show you how to make dumplings if you will send me some Bush Tea. Sue