General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

a little christmas story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helenbell

helenbell Report 6 Dec 2004 10:12

>Not long ago and far away, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip, but >there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick and the trainee >elves did not produce the toys as fast as the sick elves. > >Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule. Then Mrs >Claus told Santa that her mum was going to come and visit. > > >This stressed Santa even more. >When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about >to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. > > > >More stress. >Then he began to load his sleigh, when one of the boards cracked and the toy >bag fell to the floor and scattered the toys. >Totally frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of tea and a shot of >sherry. > > >When he went to the cupboard, he found the elves had drunk all his booze and >there was nothing to drink. > > >In his frustration, he dropped his tea pot and it shattered into a million >pieces and all over the kitchen floor. He got his broom to sweep all the >bits up only to find that the mice had eaten the straw off the end of the >broom. > >Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cursed on his way to the door. He >opened the door to see a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. > >The angel said: "Isn't it a lovely day today Santa? > > >I brought you a lovely Xmas tree. Where shall I stick it?" > >And that, my friends, is how the little angel came to be on top of the >Christmas tree.