General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm very well, thank you

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 6 Dec 2004 14:44

There is simply nothing the matter with me, I'm as rudely healthy as I can be, I've got arthritis in both my knees And when I talk, I talk with a wheeze, My pulse is weak and my blood is thin, But... I'm awfully well for the shape that I'm in. Sleep is denied me, night after night, But every morning I find I'm all right. My memory's failing, my head's in a spin But I'm awfully well for the shape that I'm in. Old age is golden, I've oft heard it said, But sometimes I think as I get into bed, With my ears in a drawer, my teeth in a cup, My eyes on a table until I get up, Ere sleep overtakes me I say to myself, 'Is there anything else I could lay on the shelf?' The moral is this, as my tale I unfold That for you and for me who are now getting old It's better to say 'I'm fine' with a grin Than to let the folks witness the shape we are in. A man is not old when his hair goes grey, A man is not old when his teeth decay, He is ready for his long, long sleep When his mind makes appointments which his body can't keep. I get up each morning and dust off my wits, And pick up the paper and read the 'obits' If my name is still missing I know I'm not dead, So I finish my breakfast and go back to bed.

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 6 Dec 2004 14:51

Sylvia....Loved it.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Dec 2004 15:18

That takes me back a while, Sylvia..........

Merlin

Merlin Report 6 Dec 2004 15:52

we,re not getting Old,Just preparing for the Second Childhood. Hal.

syljo

syljo Report 6 Dec 2004 17:07

In Spain they talk about a third youth, that's where I am now I suppose. Sylvia xxx

Rupert

Rupert Report 6 Dec 2004 20:28

Sounds like Mrs Bear and me. Rupert Bear.

Chris

Chris Report 6 Dec 2004 21:16

Loved it Sylvia, Especially the bit - if my name is not in there I know I'm not dead! I'm sure most of us feel half-dead in the morning! Christine

syljo

syljo Report 6 Dec 2004 21:45

Raymond, I love the story of the three bears, and am always quoting "who's been sleeping in my bed". Sylvia xxx