General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You reap what you sow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 7 Dec 2004 13:42

Six kids by 3 exhubbies, none pay maintenance. Clinically depressed. Latest partner given up work to help look after them. Need larger hse so his kids can live with them too. EXPECTING TWINS!!! in April. Lives in 3-bed hse. £20k+ benefits. Giant TV, etc. Contacted her MP who said she had to take responsibility for her kids, not the council or anyone else. (like him already). Says she wants the best for her kids. A leading family planning expert said that "If you want the best for your child you have to think about how many you can look after". If she's clinically depressed now and can't look after the six she's got, what's she going to be like when she has 8/10 of them to look after?

Shona

Shona Report 7 Dec 2004 13:44

Clinically depressed and receiving even more benefits

Joan

Joan Report 7 Dec 2004 13:52

let us not judge others.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 7 Dec 2004 13:53

My Gran lived in fear of the WORKHOUSE.iS THIS OLD FASHIONED IDEA IN A MODERATED FORM AN ANSWER TO THE SOCIAL SCROUNGING WHICH GOES ON TODAY.no work no money Dilemma,What happens to the children? What is the answer-Rose

Jan

Jan Report 7 Dec 2004 13:58

Our ancestors couldn't scrounge off the social, there was no social to scrounge from. If you can't afford 'em don't have 'em. And, contraception is FREE. Jan

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 7 Dec 2004 14:03

I hate being judgemental of others but this sort of thing so winds me up..... I have worked for over 20 years fulltime.... I spent 10 of those years paying 40% tax but I am not entitled to anything... because I haven't had children and therefore no matter what I am expected to SUPPORT myself.... If you can't afford them, then don't expect me to subsidise them!!

Jan

Jan Report 7 Dec 2004 14:06

I'm with you Diana. J

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Dec 2004 14:10

Supposedly clinically depressed because of the small house they all have to live in. You would think that knowing that she would not have gone for another child yet wouldn't you. Unless she thought it was a way of twisting the council's arm. I am as sympathetic as it is possible to be towards anyone with ant sort of depression. however, when she says something like 'it is the council's duty to rehouse us', followed by 'why shouldn't I have a large family if I want one?' and 'I am not lazy, i even went and did a college course on being a neautician last year', my patience runs out. She is 35, not a teenager and none of her children at the moment are babies so why not put her college course to good use? Ann glos

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 7 Dec 2004 14:13

Ann, she probably is as a lot of beauticians work from home now!! AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 7 Dec 2004 14:23

The welfare state was a good idea,but unfortunately the concept of contributing before you can take out seems to have escaped a whole generation. All we seem to hear nowadays is MY RIGHTS,Never My RESPONSIBILITY. wHY SHOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO SIT BACK ,OR IN THIS CASE LIE BACK,AND TAKE WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER CONTRIBUTED. iF i GO BANGING ON HER FRONT DOOR AND DEMANDED THAT SHE PAYS TOWARDS MY PENSION I would probably told where I could go.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 7 Dec 2004 14:25

She'd be far too busy waxing her friends too open the door sweetie!!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Dec 2004 14:25

Dians, yes I did think of that. Hopefully the Inland Revenue/DSS will see the newspaper report. Ann glos

Merlin

Merlin Report 7 Dec 2004 14:59

I don,t know about a larger house, I think a "Zip" in the appropriate place is what she needs,apart from somebody explaining the difference between ,"Responsibility and Total Irrisponsibility". Hal.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 7 Dec 2004 15:12

hal... after that many kids would they have a zip big enough? Sterilisation is the answer!!

Merlin

Merlin Report 7 Dec 2004 16:02

True Pinky,How about a "Rat Trap" with a Government Health Warning Attatched? There would then probably be a lot of "Sopranos" about,Perhaps they could start a choir,and sing instead. Much cheaper on the Taxpayer. Hal.