General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christmas shopping - done and dusted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Dec 2004 18:07

All the presents are bought and some wrapped, cards are posted and two parcels. Went this afternoon with husband, bought the wine etc, anything that would fit in freezer or keep in larder. Goose and large ham in freezer - anything to miss those drastic queues. We hit the supermarket about 2.30 p.m. as I have noticed it gets quiet around 3.30 p.m. everyone disappears on the school run. Went straight to an empty checkout - wonder of wonders. Husband most impressed. Ann

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 7 Dec 2004 18:19

ann why are you so organised

Kerry

Kerry Report 7 Dec 2004 18:28

Youv'e made me feel all panicky, I've still got loads to buy. I will have to do my dads shopping for him too as he won't have a clue about presents. HELP!

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Dec 2004 22:57

I'm a Virgo - we like to organise everything and evrybody!

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 7 Dec 2004 23:00

Ann - I've got all the presents, I always dread the food shopping though! I'm a Libran on the Virgo cusp so must have some of you traits, lol!

Kerry

Kerry Report 7 Dec 2004 23:07

I suppose you can do alot of the food shopping and freeze it. I hate the christmas supermarket shop. I find it really stressful. We keep eating any chocolates or biscuits we buy. Ive already put on 3Ib and we got a couple of weeks to go yet.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 7 Dec 2004 23:14

I hate it too Kerry but had been thinking about the best time to go - was wondering if my husband would go at 1.00 a.m. Dismissed that idea - but today the timing worked out fine - was really pleased - ok if you are not on the school run!