General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birds in the loft!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 7 Dec 2004 18:17

One morning a few years ago, I got up early for work and thought I heard a tweet coming from the loft. As time went on the tweeting became more insistant and Hubby could hear it too, so we opened the loft and went up to have a look but couldn't see anything (the loft is full to the rafters!!). We had got to go to work and were so concerned that the bird would die or starvation that we took a saucer of water and a small dish of muselli and placed them at the loft entrance. When we came home the tweeting was still going on and still no sign of the bird until we suddenly realised that the tweeting was coming from the fire alarm which is near the loft entrance. It was warning us that the batteries were low. Did we feel silly:))))))))))))))))))))))))) Chrissie x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 7 Dec 2004 18:27

Our always decideds to run low on battery and tweet when IMMIN is away.As the alarm is over the stairwell I cannot reach it,safely,so often have a day or two of tweeting before it is reset.It drives the cat mad.-Rose

Christine2

Christine2 Report 7 Dec 2004 18:34

Ours is over the stairwell too Rose, I wouldn't dare change the battery either. When it does it now we never say "the alarm battery needs changing" we always say "that birds up the loft again":))) Chrissie x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 7 Dec 2004 19:02

HaHa Christine - love it:)))